Expert General Practitioner Careers
(Stretton & Wilmslow Clinics)
Who we are
The Harvey Rhys Clinic is an independent Private GP clinic based in Cheshire, founded in 2019. Our mission is to change the experience of individual and family healthcare. We recognise and value the long-term relationship between GP and patient. Our ‘continuity of care’ ethos is there to support our members to live a happy and healthy life.
We employ the best healthcare personnel, and deliver services in a modern, private setting enabling us to see patients when they need and for as long as they need. They say that charity begins at home well so does happiness. That is why our team is our priority. A happy clinical and administrative team means we can continue to provide the best day-to-day primary care.
This opportunity is aimed at General Practitioners who want to move from the public sector to the independent sector. Doctors are professionals and should be treated and act in this manner. By moving from the public sector to the independent sector you will experience a significant improvement in work life balance, professional development, private sector benefit packages, and the ability to work as the doctor you trained very hard to be, and one who has the time to practise medicine. You will work in modern stylish clinics, with people who share your values and access to point of care testing and services. No home visits. We operate a centralised member concierge & administration team who deal with all patient queries, referrals, paperwork, as such you will maximise your time with your patients. We aim to have our doctors see a maximum of 18 patients per day. You will be allocated your own members to ensure continuity of care long term.
We are committed to the long-term development of our staff and our doctors. We will therefore require each GP to either have or develop a special interest that will be agreed with the Chief Medical Officer. We will support you with 10 days study leave per annum and contributions towards specialist interests’ development. The strategy is to develop a Chief Medical Officers advisory group who will have responsibility for guiding national and local clinical best practise. We aim to not just lead the way in providing the very best member experience, but to actively shape independent primary care by encouraging our clinical teams to audit or publish papers in regard to Primary Care. We have developed relationships with private hospitals and consultants in all major specialities.
To be successful in the role, here is what we need from you:
- Dedicated to a “patient first” philosophy.
- Solution based consulting, motivational interviewing & lifestyle medicine interests.
- MB ChB, MBBS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Member of the Royal College of General Practitioners – MRCGP.
- Approval to work in the UK, and no restrictions on your GMC licence.
- Special clinical interest to support our national CMO Clinical Advisory board. (desired not essential)
- Willingness to be part of a dynamic, and experienced clinical team and able to accept uncertainty as part of a growing dynamic business.
- Experience of working with internal and external stakeholders to drive continuous quality improvement.
- Looking to be respected and appreciated and to perform as a Private Sector Professional.
- Competent in IT skills.
- Ability to build trusting, empathetic relationships with members, and provide solutions and options to your patients.
- Trusted and dedicated to member confidentiality as we have a significant number of high-profile individual’s as well as members from all socioeconomic groups.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary depending on experience.
- Pension – 5% matched contribution.
- Medical indemnity insurance.
- Health insurance – BUPA / Equivalent immediate family registered with clinic for primary care access 22 days holiday, plus bank holidays & birthday.
- 10 working days study leave (PA – discretion of CMO).
- Education allowance.
- Incentive bonus – discretionary (from board based on business performance)
- Well-appointed modern, stylish clinics, with access to point of care testing.
- A collaborative culture where curiosity, creativity, experimentation and innovation are fostered. A highly motivated and energetic team bringing a wide range of talents, experience and knowledge to solve complex challenges.
- Supported by a Head of Compliance & Quality Assurance
- Autonomy to shape and design world leading clinical pathways that harness the power of combining technology with evidence-based interventions and a human touch.
- A culture that challenges the status quo in pursuit of providing exceptional healthcare and an unrivalled experience for our members we support.
- Induction training to ensure successful progression to Private General Practice.
- Low number of daily appointments, evaluating a move to EMIS web, and developing pathways for direct referral to NHS services when required.
- Low volume of paperwork, with no home visits, Saturday morning optional clinics (paid extra)
- Support from our member concierge & admin teams to provide an exceptional ongoing experience for your patient’s entire journey, freeing your time to practice medicine.
- No on call days, you may see members who require a same day appointment who are not on your dedicated member list.
- Career progression, towards Clinic Medical Director.